Isle of ManThe government of the Isle of Man understood the challenges their ISPs faced with peer-to-peer (P2P) services enabling the flow of large volumes of copyrighted content on their networks. In an effort to proactively tackle the problem, the Isle of Man sought to establish a monetization framework which would remunerate the copyright holders and relieve the users of any legal action for their file trading.
- provided guidance on the creation of the proposed system, including its feature set, agreements with copyright holders, relationships with music industry associations, and general visibility to the digital entertainment industry at large.
Amazing RadioAmazing Radio, a UK-based independent and interactive radio station, is the only national station dedicated exclusively to playing new and emerging music. 100% of the music broadcast is sourced from amazingtunes.com, a platform allowing emerging artists to sell and promote their music. Amazing Media planned an official expansion into the U.S. and sought TAG's expertise with setting up partnerships and relationships to ease their entry.
- TAG introduced Amazing to, and managed the relationships established with, FM terrestrial radio networks, major online/digital radio networks, and on-demand subscription services to carry Amazing Media shows as a syndication partner.
- TAG evangelized Amazing through social media outlets and secured their leadership for speaking/presenting opportunities at appropriate conferences, greatly elevating Amazin's visibility to the industry.
Canadian Music WeekTAG has been a longtime advisor to Canadian Music Week, providing helping to curate the programming of the panels and keynotes and actively seeking out key digital executives and celebrities to participate in the event.
The Coca Cola CompanyThe Coca-Cola Company has a long history with creating iconic songs for their commercials and in recent years has worked directly with popular artists to release pop music versions of their jingles. This was new territory for them, and they wanted to have a deeper understanding of where the revenue opportunities and financial obligations were for these new songs, particularly within digital and mobile arenas.
- TAG conducted an in-depth audit of Coca-Cola's music publishing assets and the internal operations and external partners they used to manage them.
- TAG also created financial models for various uses of the songs, for example download sales, internet radio streaming, online video streaming, album sales, and ringtones. Areas for improvement were identified, as was a specific path forward -- one which could increase Coca-Cola's control over their works and the revenues received from them.
EMAThe Digital Entertainment Merchants Association(Digital EMA) is the trade association for transactional retailers including Netflix, Google /YouTube, Microsoft X-Box Live, Vudu and Amazon plus the major and independent movie and TV studios. The Digital EMA was looking for a partner to help launch a series of Salon events to take place in both Los Angeles and New York.
- TAG works closely with the Digital EMA to develop relevant programming and membership development.
- TAG develops and helps secures sponsorship partners for Digital EMA events.
- TAG Takes a leadership role in moderating discussions at both Salon and Digital Media Pipeline Events.
Fans.tvAn Australian based company that created a product that provides an engaging interactive and social experience around the media cultures of Television, Sport and Movie entertainment. Fans.tv enables its audience to create real time playlists of favorite TV, Sport and movies and then share those lists with friends.
- TAG strategized and then developed a very targeted potential US partner outreach target list.
- TAG provided brand exposure with key media outlets, evangelizing the FANS.TV platform to their extensive partner network.
- TAG acted as the US representative for all relevant occasions and interactions.
- TAG vetted and negotiated opportunities for Fans.tv to sponsor key media events.
GibsonGibson is one of the most beloved makers of guitars and other musical instruments in America. Their products are iconic and their brand is steeped in history, and they wanted to bring their heritage up to date with the digital era.
- TAG provided strategic direction on a number of internal initiatives, offering input, analysis, and insight regarding Gibson's digital presence and next generation product offerings.
MidemIn collaboration with Midem, TAG Managing Partner Ted Cohen created MidemNet, the first global digital music conference held concurrently with the Midem conference.
- Ted chaired every year, securing as speakers global digital superstars such as Daniel Ek (Spotify), Chad Hurley (YouTube), David Eun (Google), Janus Friis (Skype/Kazaa), Saul Klein (Index Ventures), and Michael Robertson (mp3.com), and subsequently presented and moderated panels.
- Following its 12th year, the elements of Midemnet were integrated into the general Midem curriculum, which Ted still influences as an advisor.
MoodagentMoodagent is a cloud-based, intelligent mobile application that makes it fast and easy to create playlists based on mood. Its groundbreaking music profiling technology has unlocked the emotional codes of music, understanding the mood of any track in a truly human fashion.
- TAG sourced and supported negotiations with potential distribution partners for Moodagent.
- TAG strategically connected Moodagent with music services which were in need of a recommendation engine.
MotorolaMotorola is a leading manufacturer of mobile handsets and other electronic products, and in the late 2000's made a move into bundling content services on their devices. TAG advised Motorola on the creation and development of iRadio, a mobile music solution that would provide music fans access to large amounts of music right on their phone.
- TAG advised Motorola on the creation and development of iRadio, a mobile music solution that would provide music fans access to large amounts of music right on their phone.
- TAG also established inroads to strategic partners and managed the resulting relationships.
NarmNARM (National Association of Recording Merchandisers) is the trade association for the business of music, providing the central platform for the discussion of industry-wide concerns and spearheading the implementation of initiatives to advance the business. DigitalMusic.org is a division of NARM which focuses exclusively on digital music issues.
- TAG works with closely with both NARM and DigitalMusic.org on their growth strategy, membership development, and areas of focus.
- TAG also advises NARM on the digital panel programming for their conferences and seminars.
- TAG-branded sessions have been presented at their conferences, providing a high-level of educational programming on emerging technologies affecting the music industry.
QualcommQualcomm is a world-leading provider of wireless technology and services. As the mobile entertainment sector heated up in the late 2000's, Qualcomm looked to TAG to help navigate their stake in it.
- TAG provided insight and recommendations regarding the design, interface and user experience for a mobile entertainment service in development, and advised on strategic partnerships with key players in the music industry.
SandiskSandisk is the world's largest dedicated provider of flash memory storage solutions. SanDisk developed slotRadio, a small, stylish player that comes bundled with a micro SD flash card pre-loaded with 1000 chart-topping songs.
- TAG developed SanDisk's strategic plan to present slotRadio to wireless carriers for content partnerships. Utilizing TAG relationships, meetings were conducted with key decision makers, and TAG advised on negotiations.
Sony ATVSony/ATV Music Publishing is one of the largest music publishing companies in the world.
- TAG helped Sony/ATV evaluate emerging technology companies that were using copyrighted material without a license in order to move them to legitimate status.
- TAG provided comprehensive intelligence on the nature of the services and their stage of development, and advised Sony/ATV on deal structure and negotiations, enabling maximum revenue to be extracted across all Sony ATV assets.
VerizonVerizon was launching a new type of cordless phone integrated into a touchscreen media hub, an appliance that would be optimized for use with its FIOS broadband service. Capitalizing on the ultra-highspeed broadband capabilities of FIOS and the stable of content and information services that Verizon offers in its mobile, television, and internet packages, the FIOS Fone was developed to take the traditional kitchen phone far beyond voice calls and into the connected home.
- TAG provided a go-to-market and long term entertainment/media strategy, delivering recommendations for the FIOS Fone, including content, services, packaging, pricing, marketing strategy, and support data that aligned with Verizon's music strategy across its various distribution platforms.
- TAG also connected Verizon with potential strategic partners to provide music and entertainment services/utilities that would resonate with users.
West10 EntertainmentWest10 Entertainment is the leading provider of high-quality entertainment information and content for Home Entertainment products.
- TAG identified key stakeholders & potential clients in the US within a refined target sector and set up all the relevant discussions.
- TAG guided West 10 on key industry events to attend.
- TAG provided opportunities to speak on panels and events that were heavily followed by the press.
- TAG gave advice on trending business methods for metadata in the US.
- TAG helped to significantly increase West 10 visibility in the Digital Entertainment space.
- TAG helped nurture strong relationships between relevant US partners in the metadata world & West 10.
ZyaZya, created by Music Mastermind, allows you to easily make studio-quality music and even use original tracks to re-imagine hit songs. TAG worked with Zya to hone their business development strategy, including digital music partnerships, mobile partnerships, content licenses and OEM relationships.
- TAG provided support and guided deal negotiations involving Zya's licensing efforts with labels and publishers.
- TAG was instrumental in the partnership between HP and Zya, resulting in the software being pre-loaded on HP computers before Zya's official launch to the public. Their industry presence was maximized as TAG arranged speaking and presenting positions at industry gatherings/conferences.
- TAG also leveraged relationships with influential publications in both industry and consumer sectors that cover digital music/entertainment, games, and gadgets to create awareness and generate buzz on Zya before launch.